skip navigation

Clarissa Cardarelli

I’m from Orchard Park, NY and I am studying French, Linguistics, and International Studies with a regional focus in Africa.

I chose International Studies as my major since I have always loved learning foreign languages and about foreign cultures. I plan to use what I have learned about foreign relations, economics, and politics to pursue a career traveling around the world and working in diplomacy. As I am also interested in education and language, I would like to attend graduate school for TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).

My favorite class at UB was International Business Cultures, not because I am interested in business, but because it highlighted the differences in business due to culture. This class helped me to understand interconnections among cultures and improve my cross-cultural communication.

Favorite Book: A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams

Favorite Movies: 27 Dresses, The Great Gatsby

Hobbies/Interests: Since high school, I have loved colorguard and winterguard. I also like to travel and go on road trips.

Misc.: Last summer, I studied abroad in Dakar, Senegal. While there, I learned about the Senegalese and West African cultures, improved my French, and learned to speak some Wolof.